2010年12月6日 星期一

HDMI, DVI experience

I had ever setup a blu-ray DVD player (PHILIPS BDP5100). I used the ViewSonic VA2431wm as the output terminal. But the ViewSonic VA2431wm only carried with the D-SUB and DVI input connector. And the PHILIPS blu-ray DVD player was carried with HDMI connector in the video/audio output. So I bought a HDMI to DVI video line (3 metres) to make the two devices interoperability.

One major point needed to notice was that I must setup the video setting of PHILIPS BDP5100 to "1080p" since it's default setting was "Auto". Because the ViewSonic VA2431wm terminal was capable to the 1080p full HD standard. So originally I think it should okay to connect ViewSonic terminal with PHILIPS player combination. But actually the result was failed to make them to operate properly. The reason was that PHILIPS will automatically set the video setting with 1080p/24Hz. And this setting will not be accepted by the ViewSonic terminal. So I must manually to configure the video setting of PHILIPS player to the "1080p". And I must also off/on the ViewSonic terminal while I was starting the PHILIPS player. And then I can see the clear video in the ViewSonic terminal.

I also test with IBT-1283PVR with the above scenario. The IBT-1283PVR will select the 1080p/60Hz as the output screen settings. So I am thinking that ViewSonic only support 1080p/60Hz, it should not support 1080p/24Hz since the above philips case.

沒有留言: