A brief summary of features:
* Scratchbox is used by Maemo development platform (Nokia 770). But it is not restricted to that use.
* Supports ARM and x86 targets (PowerPC, MIPS and CRIS targets are experimental)
* Especially Debian is supported, but Scratchbox has also been used to cross-compile eg. Slackware for ARM.
* Provides glibc and uClibc as C-library choices
* Uses either QEMU or a real target hardware to execute cross-compiled binaries (extremely useful when cross-compiling software which uses autoconf & co.)